5/15/2015

Tomato and Peppers Garden - Planting and Finishing



In my last article about Tomato and Peppers Garden - Preparation of Soil; I was writing about the preparation of Tomato Garden soil, tips & tricks, the way I do it.

It's not much of a difference then Preparation of Vegetable Garden Soil from Scratch, and you can find some useful information about that also.

Now, to get back on planting and finishing my tomato and peppers garden; What's left was to tie the cords up (1), along the greenhouse construction, on places where the plants are going to line up, then add some natural soil fertiliser (2 & 3), and then, plan the garden beds with rake (4), as shown on the picture above.


Now I'm ready to finish the garden and start planting tomato and pepper plants. After I created garden beds to fit 10 tomato and 15 pepper plants each, I'm ready to shape and cover the entire garden with the canvas (1). This garden will be home for 30 tomato and 30 pepper plants. I measured everything carefully and cut the canvas where the plants are going to be planted (2), leaving enough room for later adjustments. After I planted my tomatoes and peppers (3), I added some more clean compost on the top ground (4), just to be sure my plants will get enough nutrition. All shown on the picture above.

What's left was to tie the tomato plants along the cords above, instead of using various sticks / poles for hitching tomato plants against (check the video at the bottom of the article). I use this method rather because of humid weather conditions. It is cleaner and the rope used for tying the tomato plants is water free, and thus, it cannot harm the plants by refraining the moisture for too long.


What's left is to water the plants. I strongly suggest to water in the morning, to give your plants enough energy during the hot and sunny days. If you can't water them in the morning, water them in the evening, but never water them during the mid-day. Also, I highly recommend you to use the rainwater if you can (1). If you can't collect the rainwater, use any source of water, but leave it to rest for at least 24 hours before watering the plants.

One more thing I highly recommend to you is to water your plants with the soaked nettle water. You can find the nettle mostly anywhere in the nature and you just need the top of the plant. Soak the nettle in the water for at least 24-48 hours and water your plants with given "tea". Water that is enriched with soaked nettle contain rich amount of nutrition your tomato plants needs, and it is also good for spraying if mixed with some milk. But that is a whole another story, for another article of mine.

[VIDEO] Tomato and Peppers Garden - Planting and Finishing



I hope I helped you in any way with this article and video about Tomato and Peppers Garden - Planting and Finishing. Feel free to comment your thoughts, tips and tricks about the way how you do things around your tomato garden, and also, feel free to add your blog if it's related with tomatoes. Enjoy your gardening!